IPMI Webinar: State of Smart Transportation – the Sequel
July 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Maria Irshad, MPA, CAPP, Deputy Director, City of Houston, Texas
Casey Jones, CAPP, PMP, Senior Director of Customer Success, Flash
In 2022, IPMI created the Smart Transportation Task Force (STTF) to seek answers that would further smart transportation beyond Smart Cities. The goal is a published guide to smart transportation that identifies best practices through real-world solutions. You heard from the STTF when the initial work was presented at the 2023 IPMI Conference. For the sequel, the STTF will provide an overview of the forthcoming Smart Transportation Playbook, expected to be released in mid-2024.
In the 2023 IPMI conference presentation, the STTF asked the audience if we were on Mad Max’s Fury Road or if it was Dorothy’s yellow brick road. In the 2024 sequel, we have a playbook that will help answer the question. The work of the STTF is defined by the many plans offered by the 2015 Smart City Challenge applicants, which envisioned positive and desirable outcomes. The lessons learned offer a meaningful path forward for organizations, entities, and communities seeking to improve mobility convenience, safety, security, equity, and resource utilization. The task force has defined Smart Transportation as people-centered and problem-driven technology-enabled solutions in mobility management to make the movement of people and goods across all modes more convenient, resource-efficient, safe, secure, and equitable.
- Learn about the six activity pillars that provide the framework for smart transportation and best practices and challenges associated with the pillars.
- Using examples from case studies, explore activities and technologies that have been implemented in pursuit of smart transportation programs.
- Discuss the implications of lessons learned through case studies to explore how smart transportation initiatives may play out in the future.
- Member Rate: $40 per webinar or $379 for the entire annual series.
- Non-member rate: $85 per webinar. Click the register link above to attend as a non-member.
- Purchase the Webinar Bundle and get all 2024 webinars for $199 for members, $389 for non-members.
- Not a current member? Find out more about member benefits and join the IPMI community today!
- Offers one CAPP Credit towards application or certifications. Learn more about CAPP today.