Illuminating Ideas: The Future for Connected LED Lighting is Now
By Mike Riebling
The future of your LED lighting installation is brighter when lighting controls and sensors are added. Stand-alone controls are one option to enable deeper energy- and cost-savings (see previous blog ‘Illuminating Ideas: Take Control of Your LED Parking Garage Lighting‘). When you want to gain even greater value from your parking structure’s lighting, consider wireless, cloud-based networking solutions.
This technology equips you with digital tools to:
- Remotely manage and control your lighting from a central dashboard on your PC, tablet, or smartphone.
- Generate energy reports to find additional opportunities to increase your savings further – even as much as 75%, depending on your circumstances.
- Plan preventive maintenance and monitor your lighting to detect outages quickly, ensuring customer safety and peace of mind.
You can even scale up these connected lighting systems in line with your business needs. For example, add your indoor building lighting, or create a network of your sites and remotely access them – all from the same central dashboard, and with total control including on/off, dimming, scheduling, zoning, and grouping functionality.
As your business needs continue to grow, you can even look beyond the lighting itself to capture additional benefits, such as:
- Connecting via BACnet into your building management system (BMS) and unlocking capabilities via APIs.
- Boosting your compliance with the latest energy codes including ANSI/ASHRAE 90.1, IECC and California Title 24.
- Collecting points to gain certifications such as Parksmart and LEED.
Connected solutions can help you take control of the LED lighting in your parking structure(s) today – and ensure that you are ready for what’s to come in the future for your business.