In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, IPMI decided to transition from an in-person Conference to a virtual event. Our first priority was to keep all of our attendees, sponsors, and vendors safe.
It saddens me that I won’t be able to see many of you in person this year. But I am happy that I will still be able to interact with you virtually.
This may be your first virtual conference—the same for me. I have never attended a virtual event on this scale and am very excited to be a part of it!
Being part of IPMI’s professional development team, I’m looking forward to the process of making this year’s IPMI Conference & Expo a reality. We will be bringing you more than 40 hours of education, both live and on-demand. Every attendee will have the option to attend all of the education sessions and visit our virtual Expo hall.
With only weeks until the start of the Conference, here are five things to keep in mind:
- Review the agenda. The schedule shows our live events and the Virtual Expo Hall. Don’t worry about missing any sessions. IPMI will record all education sessions, and you will have access to those recordings until June 2, 2021.
- Find something new to learn! Review both the on-demand and live sessions and watch or attend those sessions. When I approach an event, I think about a problem or a skill I want to learn more about, and I make those sessions my priority.
- Network, network, network. IPMI will have virtual areas where you can discuss topics and network with your peers.
- Earn CAPP Points. This year will give you the best opportunity to earn the 25 CAPP Points for your new application or help fill in those holes for your recertification.
- Have fun! Remember, this will be the only conference you can attend while wearing your loungewear.
I am looking forward to seeing each and every one of you at this year’s Conference & Expo.
Justin Grunert is IPMI’s LMS and training coordinator.