IPI Recognizes 12 Parking Marketing Programs
2017 Marketing and Communications Awards Highlight Best Practices and Innovative Strategies
(New Orleans, May 15, 2017) The International Parking Institute (IPI) will recognize 12 outstanding marketing and communications programs in the parking sector at the 2017 IPI Conference & Expo in New Orleans, La.
The Parking Matters® Marketing and Communications awards program is designed to recognize outstanding parking related marketing, public relations, and communications programs and campaigns. Eligible programs use a wide spectrum of marketing tools, from advertising and public relations to collateral development, signage, special events, direct mail, video, and social media.
“This year’s winning programs range from those that achieve results through charitable donations, safety, aesthetics, community involvement, as well as those that use strategic thinking to boost revenue while shining a positive light on parking,” said IPI CEO Shawn Conrad, CAE.
Three winners received distinction as Best of 2017 for their marketing programs:
- EasyPark Lot 19 Plaza – The Perch, EasyPark
- Pay Station Refresh, ParkHouston (City of Houston)
- Rehabilitation Project Sparks Bright Idea to Make Bike Lanes Glow, Texas A&M University Transportation Services
Best of 2017 winners are joined by nine additional winning entries:
- Park for Pink – ACE Parking Joins the Fight Against Cancer, Ace Parking
- Employee Parking Incentive for Downtown Workers, Anchorage Community Development Authority – EasyPark
- Safety First: Partnering to Make Downtown Anchorage Safe, Anchorage Community Development Authority – EasyPark
- MAWAQiF in our Lives, Parking Division, Integrated Transport Centre, Abu Dhabi
- JetSet Promise Campaign, Edmonton International Airport – JetSet Parking
- Miami Parking Authority Partners with New World School of the Arts, Miami Parking Authority
- The Mobile Pay Parking Buyer’s Guide, Passport
- Pop Tarts for Tickets, Texas Tech University Transportation & Parking Services
- Peanut Butter Parking Campaign, The University of Texas at San Antonio – Campus Services
Details about each of the winning programs will be featured in the June issue of The Parking Professional, IPI’s monthly magazine.
The Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Awards will continue in 2018 with a streamlined, online submission process. A call for entries will open September 12, 2017 and all submissions will be due November 6, 2017. More information is available at parking.org/marcomm.
# # #