IPMI News: IPMI Recognizes 20 New CAPPs During 25th Annual Recognition Ceremony
(Anaheim, Calif. — June 2019)
CAPP, recognized worldwide as the leading credential in parking and mobility, is administered by IPMI and an independent board, in partnership with the University of Virginia. The CAPP curriculum covers such topics as parking and mobility planning and design; rehabilitation and maintenance; finance, revenue control, and auditing; on- and off-street parking enforcement and adjudication; leadership and management; and media relations.
This year’s recipients represent parking and mobility managers from the municipal, academic, corporate, and hospital sectors, as well as industry consultants and commercial operators.
“Our CAPP recipients advance our profession through their leadership, expertise, and willingness to give back to the community,” said IPMI’s CEO Shawn Conrad, CAE. “They represent the height of professionalism.”
According to a survey of CAPPs, more than 90 percent attribute the credential to helping them achieve greater personal satisfaction, acquiring knowledge to do their job better, developing a broader peer network, and earning greater respect within their organizations. More than 75 percent attribute CAPP to increasing the likelihood of attaining a promotion.
For more information, visit the CAPP program website.
New credentialed CAPPs include:
- Rafael Abanilla, CAPP, Regional Manager, Citizens-Lanier Holdings, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Don Barrett, CAPP, Executive Vice President, Republic Parking System, Dayton, Ohio
- Richard L. Bradley, CAPP, Manager of Administrative Affairs, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
- Wady Burgos, CAPP, Parking & Transportation Demand Management Coordinator, City of Westminster, Westminster, Colo.
- Shawn Michael Compton, CAPP, General Manager, Park Place, Columbus, Ohio
- Dillon Fried, CAPP, Assistant Parking System Manager, City of Minneapolis, Minn.
- Norman Holt, CAPP, Collections Supervisor, City of Houston/ParkHouston, Houston, Texas
- Matthew Hulme, CAPP, Parking Services Supervisor, City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- Natnael Jowhar, CAPP, Parking Operation Superintendent, City of Hollywood,
- Keith A. Kennedy, CAPP, Senior Parking Enforcement Officer, City of Asheville,C.
- Kenneth Kimball, CAPP, Director, Texas A&M University Transportation Services, College Station, Texas
- Elizabeth Kwiecien, CAPP, Director of Parking Operations, Hamilton Health Science Volunteer Association, Hamilton, Ont., Canada
- Megan Leinart, CAPP, LEED AP BD+C, President, Leinart Consulting, Blue Bell, Pa.
- Derrick A. Moore, CAPP, Parking Operations Administrator, City of Durham, N.C.
- Tanner W. Morrell, CAPP, Parking Utility Superintendent, City of Columbia, Mo.
- Jeshua D. Pringle, CAPP, Management Analyst, City of Atlanta, Ga.
- Andrew Sachs, CAPP, President, Gateway Parking Services, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Jeffrey Brian Smith, CAPP, Project Manager, Kimley-Horn, Atlanta, Ga.
- Jason Sutton, CAPP, Regional Manager, SP+, Atlanta, Ga.
- Beth Tindel, CAPP, Director of Transportation & Parking Services, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
# # # #
CAPP program contact: Kathleen Federici, email@example.com
703 606 7622