2018 Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications Awards Highlight Best Practices and Innovative Strategies
(Orlando, Fla. – June 6) The International Parking Institute (IPI) is recognizing twelve outstanding marketing and communications programs in the parking and transportation sector during the 2018 IPI Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla. this week.
The Parking Matters® Marketing and Communications Awards are designed to recognize outstanding parking-related marketing, public relations, or communications program or campaign. Eligible programs may use a wide spectrum of marketing tools, from advertising and public relations to collateral development, signage, special events, direct mail, video, and social media.
Three winners received distinction as “Best of 2018” for their marketing programs:
- “Parking Kitty” – City of Portland, Oregon
- “Seasons of Seattle” – Seattle Dept. of Transportation
- “Steering Mobile App to Success” – Texas A&M Transportation Services
Best of 2018 winners are joined by these nine additional winning entries:
- “My Other Car Is” — California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- “Maximizing Social Media Strategies” – Cornell University
- “Showcasing Brand Awareness” – EasyPark
- “Wheaton Revitalization Project” – Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation
- “Assembly Row” – SP+
- “Commuter Engagement Through Creative Competition” – Stanford University
- “Changing Lanes: Revamping Citation Diversion Program” –University of Arizona
- “Hosting the LA Rams” – University of California, Irvine
- “Socks Box” – University of Maryland, College Park
Details about the programs are featured in the June issue of The Parking Professional.
The Parking Matters® Marketing & Communications awards program will continue in 2019, with a call for entries being issued in September this year and a deadline for all submissions set for November 7, 2018.