Writing with Passion and Excitement
By Kathleen Federici, MEd
The IPI 2019 Call for Presentations is open now until October 24, 2018. You might be thinking, “What can I do to help me to get selected this year?” The Conference Program Task Force looks for the criteria as outlined in the call’s Evaluation Process information. However, there are other tips for writing a successful response to a competitive conference presentation call:
- When you write your objectives, align them to depict the goals you want the audience to leave with and take back to their workplace.
- Create a logical structure to your presentation with a beginning, middle, and end. Trying to teach too much will confuse your main goal objectives.
- Write with inspiration to convey the solution to your audience’s problem. Get the audience to invest in your message or story.
- Create a strong and succinct title with a message without misleading the audience.
- Use research in your submission to convey your passion and excitement to your audience.
- Include necessary and relevant information.
- Complete the submission on time.
Create your presentation story in a compelling way. By reading your submission, the reviewers will know that your submission is thought out and takes the audience into consideration. Write with the passion and excitement you have for your message, or at least that you have for attending one heck of a great conference!
Kathleen Federici, MEd, is IPI’s director of professional development.