2020 will go down as the year lots of us are happy to forget. But like all challenging times, it also produced great innovation, from small organizational changes to big technological leaps. And lots of those things will stick around to make organizations, businesses, infrastructure, and communities better.
This year’s IPMI Year in Review takes a look back at the challenges and innovations of 2020, including those that changed the way our members work–and how we work with them. From virtual meetings and Shoptalks to transitional memberships, to new partnerships, professional development options, and ways to connect, there were some definite highlights of the year–and we’re grateful to have experienced it with the parking, mobility, and transportation community.
Take a look back. You might find some new innovations that’ll enhance your work life and your operation. Read, download, and share it here, and as always, let us know on Forum what you think.
By Courtney Turner
I had the pleasure of meeting many of you at the 2019 IPMI Conference & Expo in Anaheim. For those who didn’t make it to the IPMI Community Center or who didn’t find themselves accosted by yours truly when you sat down at one of the tables there, I wanted to take this opportunity to refresh your memory about your organization’s membership benefits. If we spoke at all at Conference–even in passing–you probably heard me mention Forum, our online community. I tout it as my personal favorite in our menu of benefits, but we have so much to offer our members and it’s my job to make sure you are fully utilizing your benefits!
Here’s a recap of some of our member benefits–read through and see where you’re missing out. IPMI members can:
- Save up to approximately $300 on registration for the annual IPMI Conference & Expo–plan ahead for IPMI 2020 in San Antonio, May 31 – June 3.
- Receive discounts on monthly webinars (led by the parking and mobility profession’s leading experts), online training courses, and CAPP and APO certifications.
- Access our searchable, online Membership Directory.
- Join a Committee.
- Engage in Forum, our members-only online community;
- Receive IPMI’s publications: our monthly magazine, Parking & Mobility (up to four paper copies of magazine and unlimited access to digital edition for entire staff); IPMInsider, our bi-weekly e-newsletter; and Moving Forward, our professional development newsletter.
- Read and post the latest news about parking people, products, and services on the home page of the IPMI website.
- Submit news that is also shared in the IPMInsider.
- Post RFPs (which are then published in the Insider);
- Access our online Buyers Guide.
- Post a job/find a job in CareerHQ.
- Read and/or contribute to the Blog.
- Peruse the Resource Center for publications, white papers, and resources.
I chose to reiterate the membership benefits in this blog post thanks to a conversation I had with one of our members who attended one of my Community Center membership talks. This member had recently hired for a position and while listening to my talk, realized that they had forgotten all about CareerHQ. Posting the job opening on CareerHQ would have allowed this member to tap into a network of parking, transportation, and mobility professionals with the skill sets and experience needed for that particular position. Instead, they wound up hiring someone they’re not entirely sure will work out. Folks, use us! Post your openings in CareerHQ, let people know on Forum that you’re looking for qualified candidates–reach out to your peers, network, and let us (and our resources) help you!
Don’t miss out. If you have any questions at all about your membership benefits, please email or call me. I’m here to support you.
Courtney Turner is IPMI’s member engagement and special projects manager.