Daimler AG and BMW have launched a new brand–NOW–to offer mobility-as-a-service to customers. “We really want to be kind of almost the PayPal of mobility,” said company North American CEO Nat Parker.
The company is split into five segments:
- REACH NOW offers ticketing and trip planning.
- SHARE NOW is for car-sharing.
- FREE NOW offers ride-hailing.
- PARK NOW provides parking options.
- CHARGE NOW helps electric-vehicle drivers find charging.
For the moment, the company is focused on the Pacific Northwest; it says it hopes to expand its services by working with nearly 20 U.S. transit agencies. It also hopes to expand in Europe.