Live Online Webcast: Free for CPPA and IPMI Members. $25.00 for Non-members
The California Public Parking Association (CPPA) in partnership with IPMI is hosting this presentation that will review the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and various state efforts to protect the privacy of its citizens, including:
- An overview of common privacy threats and legal landscape: Shooting at a moving target
- The intersection of expanding customer expectations and legal obligations
- Discussion of what makes an information security/privacy program “defensible”?
- The ROI for investing time and resources in an information security/privacy program
- Effective strategizing for moving to the next level of cybersecurity and privacy protection
- Understand the changing legal landscape related to consumer privacy and the likely legal changes on the horizon;
- What efforts that they can engage in now to both prepare to meet their specific legal obligations and to implement information security/privacy program “best practices” in their organizations; and
- Which internal and external resources (e.g., data privacy officers, outside counsel, information security experts) can help them right-size their efforts regarding a fast changing area of the law.
Sue Friedburg is the co-chair of Buchanan’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group. Sue advises clients about the rapidly evolving standards of care for safeguarding confidential information and responding effectively to security incidents that threaten to compromise our client’s valuable or protected information. Sue has extensive experience advising clients on the fast-changing world of consumer privacy laws at the federal and state level.
Robert Holland regularly advises clients from all business sectors on the impact of consumer privacy laws and legislation that continue to be a hot topic across the United States. Bringing his experience to businesses offering a variety of products and services, Rob helps them address the sometimes thorny implementation issues related to the laws. No two businesses are the same, and Rob brings that recognition to help each business craft a unique approach to protect their customers and their reputations.
Jason Wrona is a legal veteran to the parking industry, having served as counsel to a number of public and private parking operators and related businesses. Notably, Jason has served as the outside counsel to the Pittsburgh Parking Authority for more than 10 years. He has a deep understanding of all facets of the parking industry and is proud to be counted as a “parking nerd.”