(August 4, 2020) The International Parking & Mobility Institute (IPMI) celebrates the achievements of 43 new CAPPs who have earned the parking and mobility industry’s highest certification this year.
This year’s new CAPPs come from private and public parking organizations that include universities, cities, corporations, commercial operators, consultants, and technology providers.
CAPP, recognized worldwide as the leading credential in parking and mobility, is administered by IPMI and an independent board, in partnership with the University of Virginia. The CAPP curriculum covers the entire range of knowledge, skills, and abilities required to succeed in the field, including parking and mobility management; design, rehabilitation and maintenance; financial and operational auditing; project management, operations management, public relations and technology .
“CAPPs exemplify professionalism in our industry,” says IPMI CEO Shawn Conrad, CAE. “They advance the profession through their leadership, expertise, and willingness to give back to the community.”
According to an IPMI member survey, more than 90 percent of new CAPPs credit the credential with helping them achieve greater personal satisfaction, acquiring knowledge to do their jobs better, developing a broader peer network, and earning greater respect within their organizations. More than 75 percent credit CAPP with increasing the likelihood of attaining a promotion.
Mentoring programs and remote testing are now available to new applicants.
For more information about the CAPP program, visit parking.org/capp, and our spotlight in Parking & Mobility magazine’s August issue.
Special Recognition goes to our New 2020 CAPP’s
- Pablo Aguilar, CAPP, Director of Parking Services, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg, Texas
- Diane W. Alarcon, CAPP, Director of the, Department of Transportation & Mobility, City of Tucson, Tucson, Ariz.
- Jeremy R. Alleshouse, CAPP, Operations Manager, Bethlehem Parking Authority, Bethlehem, Pa.
- Amar Bajwa, CAPP, Regional Operations, Manager, Park2Go Valet Parking, Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Scott C. Bauman, CAPP, Manager of Parking & Mobility Services, City of Aurora, Aurora, Colo.
- LaDonna Bemus, CAPP, Senior Operations, Manager, Reef Parking, Louisville, Ky.
- Josh Cantor, CAPP, Director, Parking &, Transportation, George Mason University, Fairfax, Va.
- Helena Connors, CAPP, Assistant Director, Parking & Transportation Services, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C.
- Matt Davis, CAPP, Director of Parking, City of Oxford, Mississippi Police Department, Oxford, Miss.
- Charley DeBow, CAPP, Chief Executive Officer, CurbTrac, Wyncote, Pa
- Carmen Donnell, CAPP, Vice President—Sales West, PayByPhone, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Nathan Donnell, CAPP, Director of Curbside Solutions, Conduent, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Vicky Gagliano, CAPP, Director of Parking Studies, Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Hughie C. Galbreath, CAPP, General Manager, ABM, Atlanta, Ga.
- Michael D. Godfrey, CAPP, Director Parking, Transportation and Fleet Services, University of California Davis Health, Sacramento, Calif.
- Rodney Gomez, CAPP, Executive Director of Parking and Transportation, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg, Texas
- Jada Hahlbrock, CAPP, Manager of Parking Services, Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Varena Harding, CAPP, Operations Manager, Reef Parking, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Christina M. Jones, CAPP, Parking Planner, Walker Consultants, Denver, Colo.
- Chris Lechner, CAPP, Manager, Data Analytics, and Strategic Projects, UCLA Events and Transportation, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Kristen Locke, CAPP, Senior Regional Sales Manager, ParkMobile, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Amanda Long, CAPP, Assistant Director, Parking Administration, University of Maryland, Department of Transportation Services, College Park, Md.
- Dane Lyon, CAPP, Regional Manager, SP+, Denver, Colo.
- Mark Pace, CAPP, Parking and Transportation Manager, Montgomery College, Rockville Md.
- Tavris S. Parker, CAPP, Parking Operations Manager, City of Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Matt Penney, CAPP, Director of Parking and Transportation, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Christopher Perry, CAPP, Partner, ParkTrans Solutions, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Steve Reiter, CAPP, Parking Services Manager, City of Clearwater, Clearwater, Fla.
- George Richardson, CAPP, Manager, Parking and Transportation, UF Health Shands Hospital, Gainsville, Fla.
- Casey S. Robinson, CAPP, Regional Manager II, SP+, New Orleans, La.
- Hal Robinson, CAPP, Manager of Transportation, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
- Joshua Rossnagel, CAPP, External Operations Manager, East Carolina University Parking and Transportation, Greenville, N.C.
- Diane Santiago, CAPP, Manager, Landside Operations, Port of Seattle, Seattle, Wash.
- Philip True Savino, CAPP, Assistant Director, IT Operations, City of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Armand Scala, CAPP, Senior Associate Director, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Michael J. Scales, CAPP, Associate Director, University of Kentucky Transportation Services, Lexington, Ky.
- Mark Schleyer, CAPP, Regional Sales Director, Passport Parking, Downingtown, Pa.
- Becky C. Smyth, CAPP, Parking Services Manager, City of Rome, Rome, Ga.
- Josh Stone, CAPP, Director of Parking and Transportation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- Charlie Tennyson, CAPP, Deputy Director, Transportation and Parking Services, Princeton University, Princeton, N.J.
- Michael W. Tudor, CAPP, Assistant Director, Parking Authority of River City, Inc., Louisville, Ky.
- Dustin J. Turner, CAPP, Director of Operations, Healthcare, Premier Parking, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Jeffrey Van Allen, CAPP, Executive Vice President, Walden Security, Inc., Chattanooga, Tenn.
If you are interested in earning your CAPP certification and joining the ranks of the world’s leading credential in parking and mobility, please contact us at CAPP@parking-mobility.org. The CAPP Program is supported by the William Voight, CAPP Scholarship. Funding is available on a rolling basis to applicants.
The International Parking & Mobility Institute is the world’s largest association of parking professionals and the parking industry. www.parking-mobility.org. Find out more here.
Media Contact: Rachel Yoka, Vice President, IPMI. email@example.com
Professional Development Contact: Kathleen Federici, MEd, Director of Professional Development, firstname.lastname@example.org