Awards of Excellence Program
In the parking, transportation, and mobility profession, world-class performance is recognized as the ability to transform obstacles into opportunities, and visions into notable achievement. This takes dedication from consummate professionals who can skillfully combine cutting-edge technology with traditional craftsmanship. The profession is built on merit and IPMI proudly salutes and encourages that spirit and determination with its annual IPMI Awards of Excellence.
Every year since 1982, the IPMI Awards of Excellence competition recognizes world-class examples of design and program innovation. All entries considered each year (facilities and programs) have contributed to advancing the parking, transportation, and mobility profession.
Projects may be submitted by architects, engineers, consultants, or other primary members of the project team with the owner’s permission. For descriptions and project details, please download the criteria below.
Award categories include:
- I – BEST DESIGN OF A MIXED OR MULTI-USE PARKING & TRANSPORTATION FACILITY
- II – BEST DESIGN OF A PARKING FACILITY
- III – BEST DESIGN/IMPLEMENTATION OF A SURFACE PARKING LOT
- IV – INNOVATION IN A MOBILITY, TRANSPORTATION, OR PARKING OPERATION OR PROGRAM
- V – BEST PARKING/TRANSPORTATION FACILITY REHABILITATION OR RESTORATION
- VI – AWARD FOR NEW SUSTAINABLE PARKING & TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES EXCELLENCE
- VII – AWARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL ACHIEVEMENT
Nominations are accepted on an annual basis and judged by a select panel of judges representing architects, parking consultants, and city, airport and university officials on the IPMI Awards of Excellence Committee, and honored at the annual IPMI Conference & Expo.
Review the criteria and make a nomination today!
The 2019 awards program is now open! Submit by November 7, 2018.
2018 Awards of Excellence winners
2017 Awards of Excellence winners
2016 Awards of Excellence winners
2015 Awards of Excellence winners
2014 Awards of Excellence winners
2013 Awards of Excellence winners
2012 Awards of Excellence winners
For more information, contact IPMI at firstname.lastname@example.org.