- This event has passed.
August 15 — IPI Professional Development Course: Parksmart Advisor Training
August 15, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm EDT
Parksmart Advisors (formerly Green Garage Assessors) lead clients through the certification process for sustainable parking structures. The Parksmart program (formerly Green Garage Certification) is now offered under by the USGBC/GBCI alongside the suite of LEED and other sustainability rating systems. IPI is the USGBC Education Partner providing the education required to earn this valuable certificate.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Illustrate and detail the specific management, programmatic, technological, and structural elements of certification.
- Demonstrate how Parksmart certified garages lower costs, enhance value, and increase sustainability.
- Evaluate a parking facility, including the tools, process, and procedures for submitting facilities for certification.
- Recognize, verify, and encourage environmentally sustainable solutions in new, existing, and retrofitted parking garages.
- Determine whether a facility is well positioned to pursue certification, and make improvements to achieve successful program recognition.
CAPP POINTS & CEUs
This course is open to all.
All potential CAPP candidates who register and participate will receive 6.5 CAPP points toward their CAPP application. Recertifying CAPPs can earn the required annual 4 points towards Program Type 2, Professional Development 6 CEUs will be earned. In order to claim CEUs, you must score 70 percent or higher on the end of course assessment.
IPI/USGBC member rate: $325
Non-member rate: $400
For more information, contact email@example.com.