IPMI Awards Top Industry Accreditation to Leading Parking, Transportation, and Mobility Organizations
The Accredited Parking Organization (APO) recognizes national and international standards for professionalism, accountability, innovation, responsibility, and performance for industry owners and operators.
The International Parking & Mobility Institute (IPMI) recognized industry organizations that have achieved Accredited Parking Organization (APO) accreditation, earned the more stringent APO with Distinction, or re-accredited their APO.
IPMI’s Accredited Parking Organization program recognizes organizations that have achieved a documented and comprehensive standard of excellence, awarding the APO designation based on compliance with best practices in management and operations. Organizations meet required benchmarks, including customer service, professional development, sustainability and transportation demand management, and safety and security. Applicants work with IPMI-trained APO Site Reviewers, who serve as independent third parties to present evidence of accomplishment in 250 criteria in 14 categories. APO with Distinction requires an additional set of criteria to be achieved beyond the primary level of accreditation.
The APO accreditation applies to commercial, institutional, municipal, medical, university, airport, private, and other industry operations. Organizations re-certify every three years to maintain the industry’s most sought-after recognition and accreditation.
This year’s APOs will be recognized at the 2023 IPMI Parking & Mobility Conference & Expo, June 11-15 in Fort Worth, Texas:
New APOs and APOs with Distinction:
- Bethlehem Parking Authority Bethlehem, PA, Accredited
- Missoula Parking Commission, Accredited
- University of California, Davis, Accredited
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Accredited with Distinction
- University of Southern California, Accredited with Distinction
Re-accredited APOs and APOs with Distinction:
- City of Virginia Beach, Virginia, Accredited
- Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority/LEXPARK, Accredited with Distinction
- Parking Authority of River City, Accredited with Distinction
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority, Accredited with Distinction
- Secure Parking UAE, Accredited with Distinction
- SP+, Accredited with Distinction
- Texas A&M University Transportation Services, Accredited with Distinction
- University of Florida Shands Hospital Parking & Transportation, Accredited
- University at Buffalo, Accredited with Distinction
- University of Mississippi, Accredited
The International Parking & Mobility Institute (IPMI) is the world’s largest association of professionals in parking, mobility, and transportation. IPMI works to advance the parking and mobility profession through professional development, certification, research and data collection, advocacy, and community building. With experts worldwide in dozens of specialties, IPMI helps parking, mobility, and transportation function efficiently so people, businesses, and communities can keep moving.