The U.S. Department of Transportation has asked for comments on its 2022-2026 strategic framework. According to a release:
DOT is asking the public to help shape the Department’s goals and priorities as we work to transform the nation’s transportation system making it safer, more accessible, more reliable, and multi-modal, in order to increase economic strength, improve climate and equity outcomes, and build global competitiveness for the American people.
The draft DOT Strategic Framework reflects the Secretary’s priorities for achieving DOT’s mission through six strategic goals:
- Safety: Make our transportation system safer for all people. Work toward a future where transportation-related serious injuries and fatalities are eliminated.
- Economic Strength & Global Competitiveness: Grow an inclusive and sustainable economy. Invest in our transportation system to provide American workers and businesses reliable and efficient access to good-paying jobs, resources, and markets.
- Equity: Reduce inequities. Support and engage people and communities to promote safe, affordable, accessible, and multimodal access to opportunities and services while reducing transportation-related disparities, adverse community impacts, and health effects.
- Climate & Sustainability: Tackle the climate crisis by ensuring that transportation plays a central role in the solution. Substantially reduce greenhouse gas emissions and transportation-related pollution and build more resilient and sustainable transportation systems to benefit and protect communities.
- Transformation: Design for the future. Invest in purpose-driven research and innovation to meet the challenge of the present and modernize a transportation system of the future that serves everyone today and in the decades to come.
- Organizational Excellence: Strengthen our world class organization. Advance the Department’s mission by establishing policies, processes, and an inclusive and innovative culture to effectively serve communities and responsibly steward the public’s resources.