IPMI News: IPMI Announces Results of 2020 Board of Directors, CAPP Board Elections
(Alexandria, Va., May 29, 2020) — The International Parking & Mobility Institute (IPMI) announced the results of its 2020 Board of Directors election; three new members will join the Board:
Dennis Burns, CAPP, is a senior practice builder and vice president at Kimley-Horn, with more than 30 years of parking management (airport and healthcare) and consulting experience. He is recognized as a national leader in sustainable parking and transportation policy development and has produced over 500 parking/transportation studies in his career. In 2010, he was honored as IPMI’s Parking Professional of the Year. Recently, he has focused on integrating parking and mobility management strategies in a variety of environments, including research and analysis of shared-use mobility and strategies to address the future impacts of autonomous vehicles.
Josh Cantor, CAPP, has been director of parking and transportation at George Mason University since 2005 and was previously at Cal State Fullerton. He currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Parking Association of the Virginias (PAV), where he served as president from 2012-2016. He is past co-chair of and continues to serve on IPMI’s Educational Development Committee and served on the IPMI State & Regional Association Committee. He received his bachelor’s degree from Cornell University and his master’s degree from the University of Kentucky.
Kathryn Hebert, PhD, is director of transportation, mobility, and parking with the City of Norwalk, Conn. As a critical part of the City of Norwalk Economic Development Team, she directs the city’s Transportation, Mobility and Parking Department, providing oversight, leadership, and management to create and implement convenient and safe mobile connectivity between neighborhoods, business districts, and major transportation hubs through coordinated planning, engineering, operations, and community collaborations.
The Board members will begin their two-year terms at the conclusion of the 2020 IPMI Virtual Parking & Mobility Conference & Expo this June.
The entire slate of officers of the IPMI Board of Directors, effective June 2:
• Chair: David G. Onorato, CAPP, Pittsburgh (Pa.) Parking Authority.
• Chair-elect: Gary A. Means, CAPP, Lexington & Fayette County (Ky.) Parking Authority.
• Treasurer: Alejandra Argudin, CAPP, Miami (Fla.) Parking Authority.
• Past Chair: Roamy R. Valera, CAPP, PayByPhone Technologies, Inc.
• Chris Austin, CAPP, University of Buffalo.
• Bridgette Brady, CAPP, Cornell University.
• Dennis Burns, CAPP, Kimley-Horn.
• Josh Cantor, CAPP, George Mason University.
• Pam Corbin, CAPP, City of Orlando (Fla.).
• Allen Corry, CAPP, DFW International Airport.
• Robert Ferrin, City of Columbus (Ohio).
• Kathryn Hebert, PhD., City of Norwalk (Conn.).
• Jaime Lopez de Aguilar, Sentex Group, Spain.
• Mark Lyons, CAPP, City of Sarasota, Fla.
• Jennifer I. Tougas, CAPP, PhD, Western Kentucky University.
• Shawn D. Conrad, CAE, IPMI.
Also announced were new members of IPMI’s CAPP Board of Directors:
• Gwendolyn Bolden, CAPP, Pittsburgh Parking Authority
• Sam Veraldi, CAPP, SP+
They join on the Board:
• Chair, Isaiah Mouw, CAPP, REEF Parking.
• Past Chair, Brian Scoggins, CAPP, REEF Parking.
• Irma Henderson, CAPP, University of California, Riverside.
• Hal King, CAPP, City of Hollywood, Fla.