Innovation in Facility Design
Pixar Pals Parking Structure
- Owning Agency: Walt Disney Imagineering
- Architect of Record: International Parking Design
- Contractor: Bomel Construction
- Structural Engineer: Culp & Tanner
- Project Management: Spectrum Development Group
- Design Assist: Architects Orange
The new structure serves as the primary transportation hub and gateway to Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, and Downtown Disney District by integrating the main tram pick-up/drop-off into the ground level of the garage. Pixar Pals has 6,500 parking spaces on six levels and features additional entry lanes, express vehicular ramping, an electronic car-counting system, and a pedestrian bridge directly linking to Downtown Disney District.
Branded wayfinding elements designed by Disney Imagineers are located throughout, including levels named after Pixar characters. Once guests exit their vehicle, they are directed to a dedicated pedestrian walkway along the east edge of the structure that leads to the vertical circulation core. This core includes elevators and stairs, along with the adjacent feature “rotunda” containing a series of escalators serving all levels of the garage.