2019-2021 Call for Volunteers
The call for volunteers is now closed. Questions about how to get involved? Contact Courtney Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2021 Call for Volunteers
IPMI committees, advisory councils, judges, subject matter experts, and task forces offer one of the best ways to engage with the community, add your perspective to programs and projects, and maximize your membership. Here’s what you need to know.
How committees work:
- Only IPMI members in good standing are eligible to volunteer, and must maintain their membership throughout the two-year period.
- Chairs and volunteers serve for two-year terms from fall 2019 through summer 2021.
- Current volunteers should complete the application process to apply for a new group or re-apply for their current one.
- Volunteers do not receive reimbursement or payment for activities.
- All volunteers must adhere to IPMI’s Antitrust and Confidentiality policies.
- Before making your selection, read the summaries and time commitments. Make your selections based on your interests and ability to participate. Different volunteer opportunities have varying requirements.
How do I apply?
- Review current volunteer opportunities here.
- Respond by logging into your member dashboard. Choose the ‘Create Call for Volunteers’ link listed under your photo on the left side of your personal dashboard. The ‘Call for Volunteers Management’ link will be used for viewing your application after you submit, and making any changes before the deadline. (For assistance with logging in, contact email@example.com.)
- Select your first, second, and third choices.
- Provide a short summary of your interests and expertise (up to 150 words).
- NEW THIS YEAR: Make sure to fill out the open-ended response question – we will call upon volunteers with particular subject matter expertise and interests for special projects, too!
- Submit your application by August 12, 2019.
What will I do as a volunteer?
- Participate in groups via scheduled conference calls and online meetings. Gatherings may be held during the annual IPMI Conference & Expo to allow volunteers to interact in person.
- Participate in assignments and connect with your fellow volunteers. Specific volunteer requirements vary—review the summaries here.
What happens after I apply?
The IPMI Executive Committee selects volunteers, building effective, balanced working groups based on both individual interests and expertise as well as representation by market segment. You will receive an email notifying you of your role mid-September, and your staff liaison will reach out to the group to kick off the volunteer season!
What if I have questions?
For questions about the process and opportunities, contact Courtney Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with logging in, contact email@example.com. To renew your membership so you are eligible to participate, renew today.
Don’t forget to APPLY by August 12—and thank you!