By Jay Manno
One thing we all have in common in our professional lives in the parking/mobility arena is we all want to be successful! Not just for ourselves, but for the people around us. As team leaders, it’s up to all of us to create a positive atmosphere that becomes infectious and encourages everyone to be successful, whether it be the person doing ticket stock inventory of a parking facility or the head of procurement for a parking management firm. Every day presents a new challenge and the chance to create a positive work environment to help ensure we can all be successful.
I now present Jay Manno’s Five Things We Can Do To Make Every Day A Success:
- Have a positive impact on the people around you. Being generous at work can have a tremendous impact on us professionally and personally. Sir Richard Branson writes, “Most people feel the most impactful and happiest when they are having a positive impact on those around them.”
- Take a breather from time to time. Taking breaks to rest your mind can help prevent you from burning out. I take walks around our building and speak to a few employees to see how they’re doing. It helps relieve stress to talk about another subject, and it’s great to talk with team members on a more personal level.
- Write down short- and long-term goals. Short-term successes help keep morale up and encourage team members to accomplish their long-term goals.
- Be Brave. Those who are bold have a higher chance of being rewarded.
- Start your day by having fun. I take my children to school every morning. This always puts my mind in the right perspective before getting into the office. Plus, our conversations in the car can be pretty entertaining!
Hope this is infectious to all of you. Let me know in the Forum some of your ways of being successful at your job and helping your team members succeed as well!
Jay Manno is vice president, new market development, at Southland Printing.