IPI Announces Results of 2018 Board of Directors Election
Two new members join IPI Board
(Alexandria, Va., June 6, 2018) – The International Parking Institute announced the results of its 2018 Board of Directors Election this week.
Two newly elected IPI Board members are Larry Cohen, CAPP, executive director, Lancaster Parking Authority, Lancaster, Pa. and Jennifer Tougas, Ph.D., CAPP, director, parking and transportation services, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
Larry J. Cohen, CAPP is a parking and transportation professional with more than 25 years of experience. He is currently executive director of the Lancaster Parking Authority. His previous experiences include owning a parking company in Philadelphia, Pa; vice president of parking planning g for a New York City consulting firm; and past director of parking and transportation at the George Washington University, Johns Hopkins, and University of Pennsylvania Health Systems. Larry was a four-term President of the Middle Atlantic Parking Association and is a Pennsylvania Parking Association board member. He’s spoken at numerous industry conferences and is a frequent contributor to The Parking Professional magazine.
Jennifer Tougas, Ph.D., CAPP, began her career in 1998 at her alma mater, the University of Georgia, before moving to Western Kentucky University in 2004 to create its parking and transportation services department. She earned her CAPP in 2009, currently serves on IPI’s Education Committee, and previously served on the Board of Directors for the Mid-South Transportation and Parking Association. She is also actively involved in transportation planning in her local community.
The new Board members will begin their two-year terms at the conclusion of the IPI Conference & Expo in Orlando this June.
The entire slate of officers of the IPI Board of Directors, effective June 6, 2018:
- Chair: Roamy Valera, CAPP, NewTown Advisors, LLC, Miami, Fla.
- Chair-Elect: David Onorato, CAPP, Public Parking Authority of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Past Chair: Kim Jackson, CAPP, Princeton University, Princeton, N.J.
- Treasurer: Gary Means, CAPP, Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority, Lexington, Ky.
- International Representative: Alejandro Jaramillo Abondano, APD De Colombia S.A.
- Bridgette Brady, CAPP, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Larry Cohen, CAPP, Lancaster Parking Authority, Lancaster, Pa.
- Allen Corry, CAPP, DFW International Airport, Texas
- Laurens Eckelboom, MA, MM, SAP, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Lance Hale, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
- Temitope Longe, Integrated Transport Center, Abu Dhabi
- Mark Lyons, CAPP, City of Sarasota, Fla.
- Brent Paxton, Premium Parking, New Orleans, La.
- Brian D. Shaw, CAPP, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif.
- Jennifer Tougas, Ph.D. CAPP, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
- Shawn Conrad, CAE, International Parking Institute, Alexandria, Va.
The IPI Board of Directors is the voice of the membership and plays an instrumental role in directing initiatives to advance the profession.
# # #