Member News: WGI’s Accolades and Growth for 2017 Already Exceed That of 2016
(West Palm Beach, FL – November 21, 2017) Multi-disciplinary infrastructure and consulting firm WGI has made much of the first three quarters of 2017, exceeding all of 2016 in the expansion of its employees, services, and clients through a combination of organic year-over-year growth, and the June addition of award-winning parking consulting and structural engineering provider Carl Walker, Inc. The move creates a 12th business division for WGI, a national consulting firm with offices in Florida, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, and Texas, and active projects in 32 states and four countries.
Once again, the business community has taken notice with a list of recognitions, significant job awards, and professional awards for specific work.
So far in 2017, WGI was awarded the following placements on these prestigious lists:
- A 2017 “Fast 50” Honoree from the South Florida Business Journal, the firm finished at #16 in the $25M and over category
- WGI rose in rank to #5 on the South Florida Business Journal‘s “Top 25 Engineering Firms in South Florida” list and #61 on the “Top 100 List of Private Companies” by the paper
- WGI ranked number #2195 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- The Zweig Group ranked WGI #4 on its 2017 Hot Firms list, and ranked WGI #23 on the Best Firms to Work For list
- Zweig Group awarded the firm’s work done by its WGI Creative Services Division with first-place awards in Marketing Excellence for both Proposal Presentation and Integrated Marketing
- The result of the sweep of The Zweig awards garnered WGI its 2017 Trifecta Award as well
- In 2017, WGI ranked #252 on the ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms and ranked #22 in ENR’s Top Southeast Design Firms of 2017 based on revenue
- WGI ranked #29 on the Gator100, a list of the 100 fastest-growing companies led by a University of Florida graduate.
- WGI’s Carl Walker Division won three 2017 International Parking Association Awards of Excellence: Category 1, Best Design of Parking Facility with fewer than 80 spaces, DTA Multimodal Transportation Facility; Category 2, Best Design of Parking Facility with 800 or more spaces, Dwight D. Eisenhower National Parking Structure; and Category 2 again for University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Craige Parking Deck Expansion
WGI was also a triple-winner at the Florida Transportation Builders Association (FTBA) awards for roadway projects on the Beeline Highway, Palm Beach County; I-75 widening in Sumter County; and I-75 in Collier County, and a double-winner at the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) for the Main Street over Hogan’s Creek Emergency Design-Build in Duval County, and I-75 widening in Sumter County.
All of these accolades cap three quarters of continuous expansion in services, in revenue, and in talented professionals. WGI’s family has grown to nearly 400 professionals with over 55 hired in 2017 alone.
Since January 1, WGI won 34 new contracts, ranging from multiple continuing services for counties and municipalities; to Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise and FDOT Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6; to universities and the Seminole Tribe’s wetland monitoring projects. Job awards include:
- Boca Raton Rutherford Park and Lake Wyman Park Restoration Project
- Boynton Beach Continuing Contract for Surveying Services
- Construction Engineering Inspection for Pompano Beach Fishing Pier
- City of Plattsburgh, NY – Parking Study Consultant Services
- Delray Beach Atlantic Avenue Intersection Improvements
- Delray Beach Continuing Engineering, Surveying, and Landscape Architecture Contract
- Delray Beach Marine Way Seawall and Dock
- Delray Beach Parks and Recreation Building Structural Design
- FDOT District 1, Fort Fraser Trail Extension
- FDOT District 1, I-75 Rest Areas in Charlotte County
- FDOT District 3, SR 10 (US 90) Resurfacing, Restoration, and Rehabilitation East of Willow Street to the Madison County Line
- FDOT District 4, Design-Build Criteria Package Metropolitan Planning Organization Complete Streets Initiative
- FDOT District 4, Districtwide Utility Coordination Production Support
- FDOT District 4, SR 5/US 1 from CR A1A to Beach Road Bridge Replacement
- FDOT District 5, SR 429 (Wekiva-Segment 6) Design-Build, including triple CIP segmental bridges over the Wekiva River, four lanes of elevated parkway, multiple bear and wildlife crossings, and 2 million yards of embankment through this environmentally sensitive area
- FDOT District 6, Districtwide Permits Consultant
- Florida Atlantic University Continuing Civil Services Contract
- Florida’s Turnpike Authority, Colonial Parkway PD&E from Woodbury Road to SR 520
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission Continuing Services
- Grand Valley State University Parking Structure, Multi-Story Classroom and Laboratory Building
- Indiana University Health, 18th & Capitol – Parking Conditions Assessment & Design Feasibility Study
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority Kernan Boulevard from Atlantic to McCormick Design-Build
- Keiser University – Football Stadium Planning and Design
- Louisville Parking Authority of River City – Repairs and Improvements to Riverfront Parking Structure
- Martin County Civil Engineering Continuing Contract
- Palm Beach County Traffic Signal Design Annual Services
- Seminole Tribe Professional Engineering Consulting Services
- South Florida Water Management District Surveying and Mapping Services
- John’s County Library of Services
Slowing down is not an option, nor is it in WGI’s core philosophy.
“WGI is on a deliberate, well-planned growth trajectory, and these accolades reflect our efforts,” says David Wantman, PE and president of WGI. “We’ve grown exponentially in national scope though our new Carl Walker Parking Solutions Division, with offices in five states, new associates, and the completion of our greatly expanded West Palm Beach headquarters that has brought all of our local divisions together under one roof to foster the growth of our collaborative culture.
“Our profession is extremely competitive, and to be consistently recognized as one of the top firms is a testament to the commitment of our associates, and the loyalty of our clients.”
WGI is truly a one-stop shop providing numerous and varied services, expanding to 12 divisions with the Parking Solutions addition; formation of its Architecture, Structural Systems, Landscape Architecture, and Creative Services divisions during the last three years; and grew both its Environmental Services and Land Planning divisions. WGI also opened an eighth Florida location in Miami, situated at Bird Road and the Homestead Extension of Florida’s Turnpike (HEFT), placing it close to downtown Miami and providing easy access to primary transportation routes.
“WGI is actively pursuing national and international opportunities that will further strengthen our firm, provide a broader level of client services and assure a clear career path for our valued professionals. As WGI completes its 2020 strategic plan in the fourth quarter of 2017, we see limitless opportunities to achieve our desired goals,” said Wantman.
As a multidisciplinary consulting firm, WGI has 14 offices in six states, serving an active client base in over 32 states in the following disciplines: Land Development/Municipal Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Surveying and Mapping, Subsurface Utility Engineering, Structural Systems, Water Resources, Landscape Architecture, Parking Solutions, Environmental Sciences, Architecture, Land Planning, and Creative Services. The Zweig Group ranked WGI #4 on its 2017 Hot Firms list and #23 on the 2017 Best Firms to Work For list. In 2017, WGI ranked #2195 on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America. South Florida Business Journal ranked WGI #37 in its 2016 Florida Fast 100 (encompassing the entire state), #60 in the region’s 2016 Top 100 Private Companies, #10 on its 2016 Top 25 Engineering Firms, as well as #16 in the $25M and over category as a 2017 “Fast 50” Honoree from the same publication. In 2017, WGI ranked #252 on the ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms and ranked #22 in ENR’s Top Southeast Design Firms of 2017. For more information, please visit www.wginc.com .
Client Services Manager
Alchemy Communications Group
O: 561.935.9953 x.101