Seven Ways to Welcome New Employees
One-third of new hires quit within six months, says Forbes, so making new employees feel welcome and up-to-speed as quickly as possible is pivotal to long-term success. The publication’s Human Resources Council has come up with seven ways to most effectively do that:
- Create a welcoming environment.
- Respond quickly to suggestions.
- Start engagement before day one.
- Assign new hires a buddy.
- Ask for feedback and reward it.
- Actively show your support.
- Have an open-door policy.
There’s lots more on their website—check it out here. And then let us know in the comments—how do you welcome new colleagues?