IPMI Webinar: The Path to APO – Benchmarking Success and Advancing Your Organization
OFFERED FREE TO MEMBERS THROUGH JUNE 2020.
Regular Pricing: $35.00 for IPMI Members, $50.00 for Non-Members
This session will present an overview of the new APO standard, and summarize the range of industry practices and features that are state of the industry in institutional, municipal, medical, university, airport, private, and other parking programs nationally and internationally. This session will review the checklist format that has been developed to document the necessary evidence of compliance with these evolving industry standards. Programs that successfully meet the standards set forth in this assessment process will be certified as exemplifying a solid and well-rounded parking program and exhibiting the key practices supported by IPI, therefore warranting recommendation as having achieved Accredited Parking Organization (APO).
The presentation will focus on an overview of the content in the matrix, as well as the process and best practices to guide an organization through accreditation or any strategic planning or internal TQM process. Discussion will include feedback from the first recipients of the APO designation. Participants will receive electronic copies of the APO Manual for Applicants and the APO Matrix, as well as additional resources.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the new IPI Accredited Parking Organization (APO) Program and its meaning, process, and goals
- Learn about the program’s structure and areas for program assessment, including major aspects in planning, human resources, operations, finance, design and construction, and more.
- Assess your own organization’s readiness to pursue APO, or utilize the matrix and manual as a tool for strategic planning.
- Rachel Yoka, CAPP, LEED AP, serves as Vice President of Program Development for IPI, leading the organization in the areas of technology, research, data analytics, and industry accreditation and certification. Rachel serves as the lead at IPI for the Accredited Parking Organization (APO) program, which recognizes excellence in parking organizations according to comprehensive standards.
- Alejandra (Alex) Argudin, CAPP, LEED AP, is the Chief Operations Officer for the Miami Parking Authority. As COO, she is responsible for the daily operations of one of the largest parking agencies in the State of Florida. She oversees a staff of over 132 employees and an operation that generates well over $45 million in parking revenue.
- Maria Irshad, CAPP, MPA is the Assistant Director for the Parking Management Division of the City of Houston. Parking Management is responsible for the management of 9,200 metered parking spaces and 19 off-street surface lots; the enforcement of all parking codes and the administration of various permits.
- Amy Ross, Manager for Parking Systems and Communications, has worked at Cornell University for 28 years, 25 of those with Transportation Services. She has served the department in various roles ranging from customer service to administration. Amy lead her team through the APO process, achieving accreditation in 2015. She is responsible for various transportation system projects focusing mainly on customer self-service opportunities, the most recent example of which is addition of Parkmobile Reservations to their suite of parking options.