Parking Technology Innovators Compete in IPI Park Tank
Parking Technology Innovators Compete in IPI Park Tank™
Competition envisioned as incubator for innovative, new parking industry concepts
(LAS VEGAS – June 28, 2015) Parking technology innovators will vie for a chance at fame and fortune in the IPI Park Tank™ competition, Monday, June 29, 3:30-5 p.m., at the International Parking Institute’s (IPI) 2015 Conference & Expo in Las Vegas.
Sponsored by IPI’s Smart Parking Alliance and fashioned after the popular reality ABC-TV show, “Shark Tank,” IPI Park Tank™ will give six entrepreneurs a platform to float their parking-related products and services before a panel of parking expert judges.
The judging panel, aka “Sharks”, include Soumya S. Dey, P.E., PMP, Director of Research and Technology Transfer for the Washington, D.C. Department of Transportation; Tishaura O. Jones, Treasurer for the City of St. Louis, Miss.; CloudParc CEO & Founder Steven Nerayoff, Esq., LL.M.; and venture capitalist Chris Thomas, founder & partner of Fontinalis. The “Sharks” will provide expert feedback on the potential of six concepts, with input from members of the audience.
Top-scoring ideas will receive special recognition at the 2015 IPI Conference & Expo, the IPI membership newsletter IPInsider, and The Parking Professional magazine. The grand prize winner will showcase his innovation at a 10′ x 10′ exhibit booth at the 2016 IPI Conference & Expo in Nashville, Tenn.
IPI Park Tank™ finalists include:
• Santanu Dutta of Transparent Wireless Systems, LLC, a pay-by-cell app for gated parking garages;
• Paul Mauriello of Chief Parking Officer Technologies, LLC, a strategic core of interconnected software products and cloud-based services that includes ParkView, a data collection, reporting, and control platform;
• Brian Mitchell of Advanced Parking Analytic Solutions, which converts data into useful information that guides parking operators to make better decisions;
• Tomer Neu-Ner of Parko, a crowd-sourced parking solution that provides comprehensive, real-time information to guide drivers to parking spaces and enable cities and parking operators to effectively manage their parking assets;
• Wen Sang of Smarking, which provides data-analytics services and empowers data-driven decisions on pricing, staffing, and customer service;
• Jeremy Crane of StadiumPark, a mobile parking payment app for stadium, arena, and event parking.
The IPI Smart Parking Alliance (SPA) provides a forum for IPI supplier members to share thoughts, ideas, and expertise, with the overall goal of providing support for the IPI’s mission to advance the parking profession. Park Tank™ is designed to become an incubator for the next great industry advancement.
The International Parking Institute is the world’s largest parking association of parking professionals and the parking industry. www.parking.org.