Liliana Rambo, CAPP, Becomes Chair of the International Parking Institute
Fredericksburg, Va. May 29, 2013 -The International Parking Institute (IPI) announced that Liliana Rambo is the new chair of its Board of Directors. Rambo’s two-year term began at the conclusion of the 2013 IPI Conference & Expo in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., May 19-22.
She succeeds Casey Jones, CAPP, director of transportation & parking, Boise State University, who will continue to serve on the IPI Board as immediate past chair.
Rambo is a parking industry veteran of more than 25 years and is currently director of parking services at Houston Airports System. Previously she was parking director for on-street parking, for the City of Houston. She has served on the IPI Board of Directors for eight years as chair-elect and treasurer, and is a member of IPI’s Advisory Council. In 2008, Rambo received the Distinguished Service Award from the Texas Parking and Transportation Association, an allied association of IPI.
Rambo has been a visionary in spearheading IPI’s international outreach, including the establishment of regional conferences aimed at knowledge-sharing and alliance-building with parking professionals in Latin America countries. The first IPI Latin American Conference was held in Miami, Fla., in 2011; it is now an annual event. It was hosted in Puerto Rico in 2012, and is slated for Mexico City in October 2013. Rambo frequently speaks as an ambassador for IPI and the parking industry both in the U.S. and internationally.
“IPI is on such an extraordinary path,” explains Rambo. “I want to continue that positive trajectory in advancing the parking profession. Two areas where I will focus in particular will be growing IPI’s international presence and also reaching our goal to have a parking-specific curriculum at a university in the United States.”
The IPI Board of Directors is organized to represent all sectors of the industry, with open elections by the membership. The current Board of Directors is:
• Liliana Rambo, CAPP, Houston Airports System (Chair)
• Kim Jackson, CAPP, Princeton University (Chair Elect)
• Casey Jones, CAPP, Boise State University (Immediate Past Chair)
• Michael Swartz, Standard Parking Corporation (Treasurer)
• Bridgette Brady, CAPP, Washington State University
• Wanda Brown, UC David Medical Center
• Tracey Bruch, CAPP, Duncan Solutions
• Larry Cohen, CAPP, Lancaster Parking Authority
• Allen Corry, CAPP, City of Greenwich, Conn.
• Rick Decker, CAPP, Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
• Laurens Eckelboom, Parkmobile USA, Inc.
• Dennis Garrett, CAPP, City of Greenville, SC
• Michael Klein, CAPP, Albany Parking Authority
• Rachel Yoka, LEED AP, CNU, Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc.
Founded in 1962, the International Parking Institute is the world’s largest association representing parking professionals and the parking industry. Members include cities, academic institutions, hospitals, airports, transit and transportation agencies, convention and civic centers, sports stadiums and arenas, theme parks, corporate and retail complexes, architects, engineers, financial consultants, urban planners, commercial parking operators and suppliers of equipment, products and services to the parking and transportation industry. www.parking.org
# # #
International Parking Institute