Happy New Year, Santa.
You’ve parked your sleigh, fed your reindeer, and downed the last of those cookies you collected from youngsters’ homes around the globe.
You deserve a breather after all your hard work during the 2014 holidays. So rest up for a couple days. Then we need you back out there for some 2015 special missions while the glow and gratitude you’ve nurtured during this season of light remains bright.
Here are 10 requests for the New Year:
- Deliver thankfulness to those of us who found our homes surrounded by presents.
- Restore patience to those of us who lost it while searching for holiday mall parking.
- Rekindle thoughtfulness in those of us who forgot the true meaning of the season.
- Accelerate innovative thinking in those of us working to improve others’ lives.
- Broaden the perspective of those of us whose view is too narrow.
- Ignite the lamp of insight in those of us who struggle through ignorance.
- Motivate those of us who are commercial property owners to install bollards or barriers between nose-in parking spots and the buildings they face.
- Build bridges of understanding and collaboration between those of us in the parking and transportation worlds.
- Help us all remember that you see who’s being naughty and who’s being nice…all year-‘round.
- Perhaps most importantly, remind us that even you must stoop with a shovel in hand to clean up after your reindeer every morning!